Saturday, June 17, 2017

Read an extract from Gate Deadlock: free on Amazon.


 My father had told me stories about this mountain where you’re surrounded by the fairies of the source of the immortal water.The dreadful queenStyx lived on this sacred mountain, Zeus’ ally in his war with the Titans. She had the power to punish the Olympian gods if they broke their oaths. Her palace was in front of the Gate of Ades, the gate to the Underworld, to death. It’s no wonder why the locals had respected that place and considered the opening of roads and the intrusion of technology on the sacred slopes that had been protected by the millennium-lasting awe, a hubris, an abuse.
I wished my father’s stories had been true. I wished I could invoke the ancient spirits to protect Christopher and me. But reality was so uninspiring, so dramatic and terrible at the same time.

Read the full post HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to be distracted by your comments! So feel free to post your thoughts here.